TRIP TO KELANTAN 16TH TO 18TH AUGUST 2014 (DAY 1)

My Trip To Kelantan (16th To 18Th August 2014) In conjunction With The Coins Exhibition Of Museum Kelantan.(Day 1)
Touched down at Kota Bharu Airport, Kelantan at 12.05 noon on Saturday,16th August 2014. This was my first visit to Kota Bharu in conjunction with the launching ceremony of Kelantan Museum Coins Exhibition on 18th August 2014.

I took a taxi to check into the Dynasty Inn Hotel at Jalan Sultana Zainab, Kota Bharu. Without wasting time, I started to visit the Kelantan Museum which is located about five minutes walk from the hotel.
It was during the lunch hour, Dato Sharuddin was away with museum officers for lunch. The setting up of the exhibition is still in progress. I decided to look around for my own lunch. I came to a restaurant that was managed by a Chinese lady sitting at the cashier counter but the whole trading floor was full of Muslim workers. Many Haji were serving the customers. There were many Muslim and Chinese customers enjoying their lunch together. I love to see such nice, harmonized , cheerful environment. I decided to have my lunch here. The name of the restaurant is Restaurant Hover.
Upon sitting, I was puzzled when the Pak Haji served me plates and plates of food. I try to stop him, he smile at me and said " Is alright, you pick your choice, you only need to pay what you eat.". I was served with a plate of 5 pieces well fried kampong chicken, a plate of kampong chicken cook with "lemak chili api", two pieces of black sauce "ikan tenggeri", two pieces of  nicely cook "sotong chili", a plate of fried bean sprout and a plate of chili paste. I stopped the Pak Haji, if not, he is still bringing to me more dishes.
It was my best Kelantan food that I had ever tasted. I was told by the Chinese lady at the cashier counter, it is a joint venture business. The food was managed by a Muslim family and the Chinese family serve only beverages. There were in business for more then 30 years.
Dato Sharuddin came to joint me for a drink when he was told by his assistant that I was looking for him at the museum just now. After the tea break, we went back to the museum to proceed with the arrangement of the exhibition items. I met many museum staff and the Museum Assistant Curator En Nik Mohammad Izwan Nik Annuar, there were working until mid night for the past few days in order to make sure that everything are in order. I really respect their working attitude.
Dato Sharuddin, a new friend Mr.Poknik Newbie and me, had an other round of tea before I returned to hotel.
On the evening, I was entertained by my good friend, Mr. Lee K.T., a numismatist in Kelantan with a very Thai style of dinner at a very famous restaurant, The Ban Kok Thai Food Restoran. I was told by him, this restaurant was recommended and promoted many times by many media in Kelantan. The food, especially the fried Kangkong were just marvelous.
After the dinner, he invited me to his home to view his collection. He told me I was the first and the only person that he showed his collection. My comments on his collection, speechless!

http://dniewcollectors.blogspot.com/2014/08/trip-to-kelantan-16th-to-18th-august.html
http://dniewcollectors.blogspot.com/2014/08/trip-to-kelantan-16th-to-18th-august_21.html
http://dniewcollectors.blogspot.com/2014/08/trip-to-kelantan-16th-to-18th-august_22.html

To be continued.....

This 21st Edition of The Standard Catalogue Of Malaysia-Singapore-Brunei Coin & Paper Money catalogue will be sold at Recommended Selling Price (RSP) of RM93.00. (US$29.00).
Every Steven Tan's Catalogue sold at Dickson Niew Collection Shop will be autographed by Mr. Steven Tan (PNM)
himself.

You may get your COPY
At: Dickson Niew Collection at Subang Jaya
No.58, Jalan SS14/2, 47500, Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

Please email or sms your name,contact numbers and address to:
Email: dicksonniew33@gmail.com or 
sms to +6 017-9796337.

Read more: http://dniewcollectors.blogspot.com/2014/08/steven-tan-visited-dickson-niew.html#ixzz3CXerbLt4

0 comments:

Post a Comment