COUNTERFEIT SINGAPORE MERCHANT TOKEN

Singapore Forgery Merchant Tokens Two Keping Duit Ayam.
Singapore Fighting Cock Merchant Token (Forgery)
This is a Singapore forgery merchant token with the denomination of two Keping. As I mentioned in my earlier post:THE FIRST PENNY OF AUSTRALIA (1911) , beside the 1911 Australia First Bronze Penny, my classmate  Mr. Lim Kok Onn also had given me a piece of counterfeit Singapore Cockerel Merchant Copper Token for my research.
(Read more: http://dniewcollectors.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-first-penny-of-australia-1911.html#ixzz3G2J5ROdG)

It was quite a unique contemporary counterfeit Two Keping Singapore Fighting Cock Token dated 1247AH (1831). I believed it was a casted copper coin. Indeed, I asked him to find more pieces for me for my research. At last he got me a few more pieces for me to share with others. One piece was casted in bronze.

Obverse:
A spurred fighting cock facing right.
In Jawi "Tanah Melayu" (Land of the Malays). Last two tail feathers of cock crossed.

Reverse:
In Jawi "Dua Keping 1247AH" (Two Keping). The wording are broader and there were signed of filing.

Edge:Plain.

Weight: 3.21gm. to 3.35gm.

Diameter: 21.50mm.

Composition: Copper/ Bronze.

Code: SS24 (Forgery)

0 comments:

Post a Comment