UPTOWN SHAH ALAM CAUGHT FIRE

Uptown Shah Alam Seksyen 24 Caught Fire This Morning
Persiaran Sultan, Seksyen 24, 40200 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
Uptown Shah Alam houses over 425 stalls offering a multitude of goods including clothing, accessories, food, household items as well as pets.
A total of 196 stalls in Shah Alam Uptown night market in Section 24 razed to the ground in a predawn fire at 2.40am, early today (15-10-2014-Wednesday).


Fire Started From This Shoe Stall.
No injuries or fatalities were reported. The losses suffered estimated to be more than RM18 millions, the cause of the fire were still being investigated.
Uptown BankNotes  Street.
Among the victims, is our numismatist Che'Ri from Uptown BankNotes. Early this morning, I received many massages asking and telling me what had happened to Uptown BankNotes. Nobody has any confirmed news about the fire happened at Uptown Shah Alam and nobody can contact our Che'Ri.
Uptown BankNotes  Street.
I decided to pay a visit to the site after I send my son to his school. When I approached the junction entering to Uptown Shah Alam, I was blocked by traffic police personals and MBSA officers. The police very politely informed me that the site is closed for Fire Department to carry out the investigation. I made a turned around and went through a residential area, finally I arrived at the site.
Uptown BankNotes  Street.
As I was walking to the razed area, I heard someone calling me "Dickson"! When I turned around, is him, Che'Ri. I was so please to see him in person. I told him many numismatic friends are worry about him.



He told me he is still in okay condition although his shop was confirmed total lost in the blaze. He told me he was lucky because he was still in the shop when the blaze starts at 2.45am. He used to close his shop and go home at 2.30am. But this morning he was still around after 2.30am to do some cleaning. The electricity was tripped at 2.45 am while he was using his vacuum machine. He heard someone behind his stall was shouting "Fire"! Fire"!. He went over to take a look, a shoe stall was covered in thick smoke. The shoe stall assistant, who was still having his snack in a nearby food stall rushed back and opened the door. The fire gushed out from the shoe stall and spread to the next stall located just adjacent to Uptown BankNotes in just a split of second. Our Che'Ri instantly rushed back to his own shop to savage his belongings. He managed to safe some of his banknotes, coin albums and framed uncut banknotes. The fire was already gushed into his stall during his third attempt. He had to give up! He lost his numismatic accessories and numismatic catalogs totally!





He brought me to view around the burnt venue. I saw many stall owners were sitting around looking helplessly. Some fire fighters were still around, they looked very tired.



I was told by Che'Ri, they were being promised by the "Adun YB" who visited them this morning a temporary site to run their business.
He knew many numismatic friends were trying to call him. He asked me to thank you for your concerned and he said sorry to you because he need some time to settle his problems.

Cheers! Che'Ri! You will be Better in future!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment